Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Doll's House...finally!




Good morning all...A friend and I went to a barn sale this past weekend. I was looking around waiting for someone to put down a old photo album he was looking at so I could get a look when I turned and saw this fabulous doll house! I went and got the owner and asked her if it was for sale and she said, hesitating, "yes" followed by " there are doors here some where"! I started looking and found them. I was afraid to ask again how much she wanted for it but I did. She then said "25 dollars?? I could not get my money out fast enough!!

I got it home and asked hubby if he could make a stand for it. We decided on a book shelf attached to the bottom of the doll house. This is a few pics of the progress. He still has some finish work to do on the bookcase part and I have tons of work on the house its self. I already have wallpaper, windows and a door that all fit PERFECTLY and tons of other stuff that I have been collecting over the years. This will be the perfect winter project for me to work on along with lots of tiny dolls!

I will post pics as it continues along...


4 comments:

Sue said...

Kimberly What a GREAT find! Love it ! I am looking forward to seeing your progress of your " DOLL HOUSE "

Town Common Folk Art said...

Hi Kimberly,
What a great find! It will be fun to watch the renovation.

Susie said...

What a great find. looking forward to seeing the end result in time.

The-Artful-Attic said...

Thanks so much girls..I already have it sanded and holes filled ready for base coat...winter project hubby says???? LOL

I will keep you updated..