Monday, March 21, 2016

Rough week...





So it's been a rough week.  My mother passed away a week ago yesterday.  Thankfully she got to see her entire family right before, including a phone call with her sister, with whom she was close.  We sorta knew this was coming soon, so it wasn't a complete shock, but we didn't think it would happen the day after we all visited.  She was down to 72 pounds and couldn't swallow food much anymore.  She was in a nursing home briefly and then an assisted living facility in an attempt to get some weight put back on her, but obviously to no avail.  She was 78.  My brothers, my father and I will miss her every day we are alive.

She loved seeing pics of my little dolls.  She was an artist herself.  I was happy that she got to see little Violet in person, my last 6 inch doll that sold on ebay.  I had to take it to TN with me because the auction was still active.  I showed her my doll and she was amazed.  She thought she was so sweet.  I will miss talking with her about picking out fabrics, she loved to do that for me when she visited and I was making a doll.  She had a great eye for color.  She was an AMAZING oil painter.  I didn't have the patients for waiting for the oils to dry so I always used acrylics.

I miss her terribly..

I love you Mom,
Kimberly

4 comments:

Claudia Reed said...

Dear Kimberly, I was thinking of you today and wondering when your next auction would be. I was lucky enough to win your beautiful Lia doll a few weeks ago. I was so sorry to visit your blog and read that your mom had passed away. I didn't know your mom, but I'm grateful to her for raising such a talented daughter. Your beautiful dolls light up the world. May your memories of your mother comfort you during this difficult time. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

With deepest sympathy,

Claudia

The-Artful-Attic said...

Dear Claudia,

Thank you so very much for your lovely words. So thoughtful of you. I am currently working on a 3 inch little one and hope to have her ready for Saturday night on Ebay. I am happy you are enjoying little Lia. I will message you when I list the new little girl.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Dolly Blessings said...

I'm so very sorry to her about your Mother. I have lost both parents and there's not a day goes by that I don't miss them. I know they are now together in Heaven and that does bring me comfort, but the world is a different place without them. Praying for you and the rest of your family.

The-Artful-Attic said...

Awwe..thank you Dolly. I miss her terribly. She was ill for some time but she did get to see all us kids so I was thankful for that.